Monday, December 16, 2013

Where I Stand Today

Tomorrow is one of the local tournament days here in Abilene. While I will most likely not be going I do want to get ready for my splash back into tournament play. Right now I have a few decks that are tournament ready and one in particular almost there. While I doubt I can go from never playing people to winning I do have faith that some of this could be nasty and competitive. Now how do they stand up to my playstyle? And how do I think they would do?

Right now ready to go I have the following decks:
Evolswarm (A Jeff build)
Malefic Skill Drain (A Jeff Build, modified)
Harpies 2013
Blackwings 2013
and My Token Wetlands version 2.3 (missing 3 cards in transit)


Deck "cores" I have but haven't completed:
A Blue-Eyes Ult deck version 1.3 (mostly non-competitive... for now)
A Skeletal Chaos Dragon I'm working on
Bad Inzektor kit (mostly to learn from)
Hieratic Dragon kit
Almost all the Spellbooks (no High Priestess, some ideas though)
Seven Samurai kit

Now what here  would be competitive?
Basically the 4 on top... and maybe the Token madness on the local scene.

What fits my playstyle?
Honestly I miss my old Harpies right now, so I really want to toy with them. The Malefics are just nasty when they are hot and I love that. The Evolsaur deck is so very lukewarm I can't even begin to describe it. I see the potential, but just don't groove it very well. And that brings us to Blackwings.

Do I want to play Blackwings? I have no idea.
I have almost all the Blackwing cards ever. Gram the Shining Star is the exception. Blackwings can be a really effective deck. I do actually know a lot of the plays already, not as much to learn here. Maybe I do.

Can I make them my own?
This is really the crux for me. Anyone can net-deck or buy a deck that should work just fine out the box (Evolsaurs I'm looking at you) but you have to learn the deck in and out and really own the soul of the deck, not just pilot the deck, but run it. Have confidence to change it and  know how your sides and tweaks affect the deck. Guess I'll just have to build it and see.



No comments:

Post a Comment